Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 5




This week has gone really fast! The live model drawings and clay sculpture has been going really well, and we're moving quickly through the muscles. This past week has been learning more about the "quads" as well as the lower calf muscles. As I've said before, its really interesting learning with the clay models how to form the muscles and how they overlap on the bone; and its even more interesting to be able to recognize and render those shapes from a model. I'm actually a bit farther than what these pictures show, these are only of the spinal area and glutes, but I will have more pictures up soon of the lower leg.
                                              
My drawings this week have been getting more difficult, because we are learning about drawing the pelvis in relation to the spine and "egg shape" in the lungs. Its really hard to try and understand what the pelvis is doing in a pose. How are you supposed to draw something that you can barely tell is there?! The only guidelines are on the side near the upper thigh really....all the other planes on the pelvis are hidden...ugh! If I get anything out of this class I hope I'll be able to draw a pelvis accurately...baha

  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment