Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 4

Unfortunately I've been getting a bit lazy with my drawings. There hasn't been the same amount of enthusiasm as in the past couple weeks, and  partly because I've been swamped in other classes, and partly because I've started to feel at ease in the class. I think there was a certain amount of anxiousness and excitement with the start of this class that kept me focused and now I'm becoming more comfortable with the ways of drawing the human form, how to stand when drawing, and the understanding the anatomy. This can be a good thing, to feel comfortable with your drawing atmosphere, I just hope it doesn't get too far so that I start to slack off and not appreciate the opportunity I have in class time. I've realized....Its really tiring drawing for two hours straight! trying to get curves, and bones, and muscle shapes down right. It gets frustrating and your arms get tired, and sometimes you just want to call it quits. But drawing class is what you make of it.... If I let go of all the things I've been thinking about that day, the list of to-do's, the worries, the problems, and shut it out for just 2 hours while I'm drawing, its loads easier to loosen up and just draw. It becomes less of a chore when you enjoy being there.


I found this image while browsing around; a drawing by David Jon Kassan. He has really inspiring work and draws with really nice line quality. Great artist to admire and attempt to imitate!

1 comment:

  1. I also am getting comfortable in this class, which like you said, can be a good and bad thing. On the one hand, I can tune everything else out and just focus on one thing. On the other hand, sometimes being so comfortable makes me think I already know what I'm doing, so then I draw how I think it should be, not what I see. So, I have to work on catching myself when this happens, and always trying to improve my drawings.

    ReplyDelete